Decisive Oregon Personal Injury Attorney Fights to Get Favorable Results for Clients

Lake Oswego law firm advocates for individuals injured in car accidents, falls and other incidents

Dangerous accidents can happen in the blink of an eye and result in debilitating injuries. If accidents are caused due to the negligent actions of another person or business, injured victims can seek compensation from those parties and their insurers. At the Law Office of Lynn Smith, I have spent over 30 years successfully helping Oregonians injured in motor vehicle accidents, falls and because of medical errors attain legal remedies that fairly reimburse them for doctor bills, lost income, emotional distress and other damages. I have a strong reputation as an effective legal advocate for clients in the Lake Oswego area and Clackamas, Multnomah and Washington counties.

Types of personal injury cases and who may be liable

Some of the types of incidents that lead to personal injury claims include:

  • Motor vehicle accidents — Motorcycle wrecks, auto accidents, trucking crashes and pedestrian accidents can be caused by distracted driving, driving under the influence, speeding and other dangerous driving behaviors such as sleepiness and fatigue, malfunctioning car parts, unsafe roadways and other hazards. In these types of collisions, at-fault drivers, parts and equipment manufacturers and even agencies tasked with maintaining roads and highways may be named in personal injury claims.
  • Premises liabilitySlip and fall accidents can happen because of wet floors, uneven walking surfaces, cracked sidewalks, broken stairs, poor lighting, obstacles in walkways and for other reasons. When it can be shown that the property owner knew, or should have known, of these potentially dangerous conditions and did not correct them or warn visitors about them, they may be held liable for injuries.
  • Traumatic brain injuries — Head injuries are most commonly caused by falls, motor vehicle accidents and violent acts including shootings and assaults, according to the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention. When you have suffered a traumatic brain injury such as a concussion in an incident that was caused by the negligence or intentional act of another person, you can seek to hold the driver, store or other party accountable. 

What is medical malpractice?

When a healthcare provider injures a patient through a negligent action, such as operating on the wrong body part, or by failing to act, which might occur when they do not recognize symptoms of a disease, they can be sued for medical malpractice. Proving malpractice against a doctor or other medical professional can be difficult, often requiring the input of medical professionals. To be successful in your claim, it must be shown that they deviated from the accepted standard of care.

If you believe your injuries were caused by the negligence of another party, I will gather the evidence and work hard to prove fault and try and get you the maximum compensation possible.  

How much compensation is available in personal injury cases?

Every case is different. Compensation is based on the damages involved and may also be influenced by the number of liable parties, insurance coverage amounts and other factors. Here are examples of damages in personal injury cases:

  • Doctor, hospital, rehabilitation and other medical costs arising from your injuries
  • Lost income if you couldn’t work
  • Pain and suffering damages for physical discomfort and emotional distress

When I handle your case, I will carefully evaluate the potential value of your damage claims and advise you about a compensation range to pursue.

Reach out to an experienced Lake Oswego personal injury lawyer for a free consultation

At the Law Office of Lynn Smith, I represent clients in Lake Oswego and the Oregon counties of Clackamas, Multnomah and Washington who are seeking compensation in personal injury cases related to car accidents, premises liability matters, medical malpractice and other incidents. Call my firm today at 503-482-2254 or contact me online to arrange a free case evaluation.